Venue & Accommodation
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, Alberta, Canada
107 Tunnel Mountain Dr, Banff, AB T1L 1H5
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by The Canadian Association of General Surgeons]. You may claim a maximum of 30 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
- To discuss strategies for optimizing patient and waitlist outcomes using an expanded donor pool.
- To provide an update on novel diagnostic and therapies approaches for infection- and immune-related transplant complications
- To learn about the advances in the pathophysiology and mitigation strategies for transplant ischemia-reperfusion injury.
- To learn about the recent advances in living donor transplantation in Canada
- Improving precision in decision-making around accepting/declining high-risk or marginal organ offers for individuals.
- Low grade inflammation is damaging to long-term transplant outcomes.
Connect members of the Canadian Society of Transplantation with cutting edge science and leading clinical practices that can be used to advance the practice and science of transplantation in Canada.
2019 Canadian Transplant Summit Planning Committee
- Dr. Lakshman Gunaratnam, University of Western Ontario, Co-Chair
- Dr. Julie Ho, University of Manitoba, Co-Chair
- Dr. Sacha de Serres, Laval University, Past Chair
- Dr. Michael Mengel, University of Alberta, CST President
- Dr. Amber Appleby, Director Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation, Canadian Blood Services
- Sean Delaney, Associate Director, Organ Listing & Allocation, Canadian Blood Services
- David Hartell, Executive Director, Canadian Donation and Transplantation Research Program (CDTRP)
- Stephanie Maier, Program Manager, Canadian Donation and Transplantation Research Program (CDTRP)
- Dr. Matthew Weiss, Université de Laval - Pediatric Donation - CDTRP Annual Meeting Co-Chair
- Dr. Suzanne Vercauteren, BC Children's Hospital - Hematopathologist - CDTRP Annual Meeting Co-Chair
- Dr. Ruth Sapir-Pichhadze, McGill University
- Dr. Jeffrey Schiff, University of Toronto, Pancreas
- Dr. Jayan Nagendran, University of Alberta, Heart/Lung
- Dr. Dale Lien, University of Alberta, Lung
- Dr. Markus Selzner, University of Toronto, Liver
- Dr. Andrew Healey, Trillium Gift of Life, Donation
- Dr. Tom Blydt-Hansen, University of British Columbia, Pediatrics
- Dr. Jennifer Harrison, University of Toronto, Pharmacy
- Dr. Aviva Goldberg, University of Manitoba, Ethics
- Dr. Banu Sis, University of Alberta, Pathology
- Dr. Isabelle Lapointe, Laval University, Kidney