2019 Canadian Transplant Summit Abstracts- Closed
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION Guidelines
- The abstract submissions open February 22, 2019 and will close on May 20, 2019, 11:59:59PM ET.
- Extended Deadline: Monday, June 3, 2019, 12:00AM ET.
- There is no fee for submitting an abstract.
- All abstracts are to be received electronically. Paper or faxed submissions will not be accepted.
- Each abstract submitter must have an existing CST member profile or if you are a non-CST Member, you must create a Guest account to submit an abstract. Links to login to an existing account or create a new one are below.
- Note: If you submitted an abstract to the CST previous meetings, you may use the same abstract account to submit for 2019.
- The abstract submitter will be considered as the primary author of the abstract.
- Submissions from Trainees, must include Supervisor's name and Supervisor's email address.
- It is the responsibility of the submitter to proofread the abstract submission and correct any errors prior to the abstract close date.
- An abstract submission may be revised online up until the abstract close date.
- Once the abstract deadline has passed, all requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing by email to no later than June 28, 2019.
- Abstracts Notification will go out the week of July 22, 2019.
- Co-Authors' first name, last name and affiliation must be provided.
- The abstract must be organized in a structured format with sections for Background, Methods, Results and Conclusion and may not exceed 300 words in total.
- Do NOT include institutions in the abstract title, body or in the attachments to ensure a blinded review process.
- Prior to submission, the abstract submitter must ensure the abstract and all contents, including attachments fit on a single 8.5 x 11 page size.
- Minimum font size allowance is: 10 point
- Minimum Margin allowance is: Top 1", Bottom: 0.5", Left: 1", Right: 1"
- Up to a total of three (3) Figures, Images, Tables and/or Charts may be included in JPEG, PDF or PNG format.
- Each image, figure, table and/or chart must be legible.
- Each file size cannot exceed more than 3 Megabytes per file.
LOGIN / CST Account - Guest Member Account
Note: Ensure to populate the Organization field, in your user profile, as this will be used as your Affiliation information BEFORE you create your Abstract. This information is automatically transferred to the Abstract system at the time of abstract creation.
- Log IN - Existing CST Members/Registered Guest Members
- Create - Guest Member Account
You will have a total of 10 minutes; 7 minutes of presentation, followed by 3 minutes for discussion. Time limits will be strictly enforced. Please be in the room for your session 10 minutes before the start time. The chairpersons will start strictly on time and end on time. Presentation times will not be changed.
We recommend that the background material be covered in 1-2 slides only. All presenters are required to include a statement disclosing any conflict of interest related to your abstract as the first slide of your presentation.
Please prepare a USB stick with your presentation. Arrive at least 10mins before your presentation and provide your presentation to the technician table at the back of the plenary room.
Please send in your presentations to email@example.com by October 4th, 2019 so that we have a copy for backup.
Please use the provided PPT template (download here) and Name your presentation file:
- Instructions for Poster Presenters:
- Poster Guidelines: There will be two posters on each side of the board, each poster board size is 231.14cm wide x 114.3 cm high (see below picture). So, the usable surface area of each poster is 115.57cm wide x 114.3cm high. Plan your poster so that it does not exceed this space.
- We will supply Velcro/push pins.
- Poster boards will be labelled with your name, poster number, abstract title. Locate the poster board containing the label with your name and poster number in your assigned poster location.
- It will be your responsibility to remove your poster from the board after the session.
- We will arrange guided poster tours during the session.
- Presenters are expected to be available beside their poster so that questions may be asked and answered.
Speaker Disclosure Slide
All presenters are required to include the Speaker Disclosure Slide in their presentations. If you do not include this in your presentation prior to arriving onsite, you will be required to insert it before your presentation.
Generic and Trade Names
- Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options.
- Faculty will be asked to use generic names to contribute to this impartiality.
- If trade names are used, those of several companies should be used rather than only that of a single supporting company.
Unlabeled Uses of Products
When an unlabeled use of a commercial product, or an investigational use not yet approved for any purpose is discussed during an educational activity the speaker should disclose that the product is not labeled for the use under discussion or that the product is still investigational.